Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year and Welcome!



Happy New Year and Welcome to my blog: A Vegetarian for One Year!


Back in 2010 I started a tradition. I decided that in that year I would do 10 things that either made my life better or someone else's life better. I wasn't looking to make grand gestures and I didn't have list, I wanted to act on opportunities as they presented themselves.

At first I though it would be hard but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't. I didn't have to search for opportunities they just presented themselves it was up to me to act on them or not. And like I said they weren't grand gestures; improving someone's life can be done with a kind word, a random act or giving of yourself.

I've continued the tradition, adding one additional thing for each subsequent year. Here I am on day 2 of 2015 and I've committed to doing 15 things one of them is to follow a vegetarian diet for the entire year. It's something I've thought about for a while now not because it's fashionable but because I find myself reaching for the salad and veggies over the chicken, turkey and pork at the dinner table.

The one thing I could miss is fish, I like fish and it's good for you. I could say that I was going to be a pescatarian or use the "fish is really just a vegetable that swims" logic but I won't I'm going to give it a try without my little swimming friends.

Since this is kind of a big deal for me, I've decided to blog about my meatless adventures. I'll try to post once a week maybe even with photos and recipes (well the ones that turn out and I like anyway). I hope you'll stop by and check out my posts.

If you're so inclined to share recipes, thoughts or comments I'd love to hear from you. 




2 comments:

  1. All the best Ann: from vegetarian for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to benefit from your wonderful study of vegetarian recipe books. The Forest Mushroom soup you made was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete