Monday, June 1, 2020

A Vegan Mango Mousse


We’re in uncertain times and if you live near me, well it’s chaos. I thought long and hard about blogging when the world is so uncertain so if you are reading this know that I am trying to provide a small distraction. 

What happened in Minneapolis to George Floyd is an extension of a long period of systemic racism - in our police department and to be honest in the state overall. Minnesota Nice isn’t always nice. 

When I was growing up we usually had dessert after dinner. Sometimes it was pie, sometimes cookies and sometimes fruit. My mom made the best lemon meringue pie - the meringue was perfect and the tips a light golden brown - nice memories. 

I’ve been looking for some vegan dessert recipes that are fruit oriented and I came across the Vegan Mango Mousse on the Simple Sumptuous Cooking website. My mangos were ripe and sweet so I didn't add any additional sweetener although I did put a splash of maple syrup on top.



The prep time on this recipe is about 10 minutes and most of the time is spent peeling the mango. Plan ahead with this one though because you need to put the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for a few hours - overnight is best. 

Ingredients:
3 ripe mangoes
1 ½ cup coconut cream
3 tbsp agave syrup Or 2 tbsp powdered sugar

Directions:
Place 2 cans of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. In this recipe you will only use the solid coconut cream, save the coconut water for another use. Peel the mangoes and chop them. Place mangos in a high-speed blender (Vitamix) and puree. Add coconut cream to the blender and mix until combined and smooth. If required, add sugar or agave syrup.

If you like, garnish the Mousse with fresh fruits or dark chocolate shavings or a splash of maple syrup. Refrigerate for a few hours and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment