Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Mediterranean Green Bean Salad

It’s been ages since I last posted on my blog - guess I’ve been busier than I thought or lazy. The weeks seem to fly by; volunteering, playing mahjong, working in my own garden, and every now and then cleaning. It is the one thing that seems to go by the wayside in Summer. 


I’ve made this green bean salad 3 times this Summer and have gotten rave reviews each time. It didn’t hurt that I had So Many Green Beans early in the season and I am a sucker for olives and feta - I’m definitely a salty/savory person. 


The preparation is pretty simple and the entire salad comes together quickly. If you wanted to serve it as a main dish you could add tuna or chicken. 





Ingredients:

For the Salad

  • 1 lb green beans trimmed and blanched (I leave them whole but feel free to chop them)
  • ½ lb grape or cherry tomatoes sliced in half  (feel free to use any type of tomatoes you like)
  • ½ cup Kalamata olives
  • 1 shallot peeled and minced
  • ¼ cup combination of chopped fresh dill and parsley
  • ¼ cup feta crumbled


For the Dressing:

  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 2-3 Tablespoons of lemon juice
  • 1 clove of garlic peeled and grated
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • ½ Teaspoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
  • ¼ Teaspoon oregano


Directions:

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil and cook beans for just a few minutes then drain them and place them in a ice water bath to stop the cooking process. You want them tender crisp.
  2. Drain and pat dry and add to a bowl. Add the tomatoes, shallots, feta, olives and fresh herbs to the bowl.
  3. Mix the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad and toss well to combine and coat.  
  4. Serve and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment