Monday, March 25, 2024

Air Fryer Avocado Tacos

If you’ve been to my house you know I have two things that bug me; a cluttered kitchen countertop and single-use appliances. 

When we were in AZ, I had a long talk with my niece about air fryers; she loves hers and I was skeptical. Fast forward to early March and as I’m cruising the aisles at Costco they have an air fryer on sale for 40 dollars; so I figure what the heck let’s see what all the hype is about - we now own one. 


I’ve been testing it out lately and so far I love air-fried sweet potato fries, it crisps up egg rolls very nicely, crispy brussels sprouts with honey mustard sauce over it, and last night avocados for tacos - so delicious, fast, and simple - cleanup isn’t bad either. 


We served it with corn tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, sautéed onions, peppers, and salsa. 





Ingredients:

2 avocados cut into wedges 

3/4 cup panko bread crumbs

a couple shakes of cayenne pepper

olive oil spray (optional)

salt and pepper to taste


Instructions:

Preheat the air fryer to 375 and set the time for 7 minutes. Cut avocados into wedges. On a small plate, combine Panko bread crumbs and cayenne pepper. Lightly press avocados into the breadcrumb mixture and lightly spray with oil (if using). Salt and pepper to taste. 


Air fry for 7 minutes - and you are done!


Thanks for stopping by and if you are in Minnesota enjoy the snow!



No comments:

Post a Comment