Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Simple is Good

If you live in my neck of the woods you’ve probably been spending a lot of time with your air conditioning - the temps have been brutal but hey there is no such thing as climate change right? 😀

One of my goals in retirement is to do one “useful” thing every day. Today I did many; I took our used and abused electronics to be recycled, got groceries, cleaned the upstairs, watered and weeded the garden, and turned the last of the shredded zucchini into bread -I’d say it was a productive day. I also went for a walk and did 30 minutes of yoga. 

After all that work, I decided that dinner needed to be simple. I had a head of cauliflower, mushrooms, and tomatoes in the fridge and combined it with some leftover rice. I toasted a small baguette of whole wheat bread and added some Muhhamara (roasted red peppers and walnuts) from Costco to round out the meal. It was a warm-weather delight. 





Ingredients:

2/3 head of cauliflower -broken into florets

1 package of baby portobello mushrooms - cleaned and quartered

1 container of grape tomatoes

2 - 3 cloves garlic - minced

olive oil

Italian seasoning

salt and pepper to taste


Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.


Chop all vegetables as indicated above and place them in a large bowl. Add olive oil, and spices; stir to combine. Put all vegetables on a sheet pan and roast for 25 - 30 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp-tender. 


Serve with rice, and bread, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment