Sunday, February 14, 2021

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentine’s Day! This weekend marks about a year since we have traveled on a plane and 2 years since we have vacationed in Mexico. Last year we struggled to get a decent airfare - accommodations were no problem but airfare - was totally out of line. So we decided to take a trip to Arizona, a state neither of us had ever traveled to, and visit my cousin and some good friends.

But this year is totally different - no vacations or vaccinations for that matter. I’m not yet 65 so I’m still waiting to get in line. If there was ever a time to be 65 now would be it. Like most everyone else I’m hanging out at home, reading, doing puzzles, ordering food from my favorite restaurant, and zooming with friends and family. 


I’m not a TikTok fan, although I understand there are many fun and interesting things on it - but not my thing. However, there has been this crazy pasta dish that has minimal ingredients and is super easy - so I had to try it right?


This was by far one of the easiest meals I’ve made in a while. You simply combine the sauce ingredients, bake it and then add cooked pasta. I used a chickpea pasta I found at Aldi - it added an earthy flavor to the dish which was very nice. 






Ingredients:

16 ounces cherry tomatoes

7-ounce block of feta cheese

1/4 cup olive oil

2 - 3 cloves garlic (minced)

Greek seasonings 

handful fresh basil

2 handfuls spinach 

large pinch red pepper flakes 

10 12 ounces pasta - any shape - I used @ 10 ounces of chickpea pasta 


Instructions:

Preheat oven to  450 degrees. Place cherry tomatoes in a baking dish so that they are touching each other, add olive oil, and stir. Make space in the middle of the tomatoes and add the block of feta sprinkle with pepper and greek seasoning. Bake for 35  minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil for 2 - 3 minutes - just until the tomatoes are browning. 


While the tomato/feta is baking, cook pasta until al dente and drain. Remove the tomato mixture from the oven, add the garlic, 1/2 of the basil, red pepper flakes, and spinach stir into a sauce. Add pasta, stir to combine, and top with remaining basil. Enjoy!


Honestly, if you are tired of spending time chopping, sautéing, and cooking this is your next meal. It was great as a leftover and it’s in the rotation - at least until the next best thing comes along. 


Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment