Sunday, April 21, 2019

A Favorite Banana Bread


Happy Sunday! For some of you it’s Easter, some Passover and for the rest of us it’s Sunday; a good day for baking and blogging. Spring has officially arrived in Minnesota - I know that because the deck furniture has been unearthed, the tulips are coming up and I’ve finally tossed the pine branches I used as holiday decorations in the yard waste container. 

We’ve been busy. First the lower level bathroom is finally done and as far as I’m concerned there isn’t anymore remodeling in my near or far future. We went to the MIA Art in Bloom, tried a new restaurant, and Movie Nights with our friends Gerd and Maria are finally back on the calendar. 

I’ve been told I make an amazing banana bread. I found this recipe decades ago and honestly there isn’t anything unusual with respect to ingredients it’s all in the prep. The key - don’t over mix the bananas - leave them chunky because if you don’t, you end up with banana flavored bread and it’s dry and well not my favorite. 



Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter 
1 cup brown sugar - packed
2 eggs
3 medium bananas
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped walnuts

Instructions:
Cream butter and sugar.  Beat in eggs, 1 at a time until blended.  Break bananas into chunks and add - do not over mix.  Add dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.  Pour into a greased bread pan, bake at 350 for approximately 1 hour. 

Whatever holiday you celebrate - enjoy! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment